Any questions? Browse our answers to the most frequently asked questions about HONEXT®.
How should HONEXT® panels be transported, handled and stored?
HONEXT® boards must remain flat during transportation and storage, with the front side always facing up. They must be stacked by dimensions and mounted on supports or chocks that allow the batches to be lifted and handled without damaging the material. We recommend HONEXT® pallets to contain a maximum of 30 panels. The edges must be protected whenever the material is handled, especially when unpacking it.
It is recommended to store HONEXT® boards in a space protected from the elements and without high temperature and relative humidity levels, always avoiding sudden changes in these conditions.
How can I repair HONEXT® boards?
To repair bumps or deep scratches on installed and processed HONEXT® boards, the use of wood putty is recommended.
The board should be painted with plastic, enamelled or thixotropic paint to obtain a homogeneous colouration both on the original surface and on the areas covered by putty. If the material has not been previously sanded, caulking makes it lose its texture, making repairs slightly visible.
These wood putties allow for the recycling of the material as long as they are applied in small quantities.
How should HONEXT® boards be cleaned?
For regular, everyday maintenance of HONEXT® boards, use a dry cloth or vacuum. For more thorough cleaning, use a moistened cloth with a soft degreaser, then wipe it with a dry cloth. As HONEXT® is a porous material, contact with oily substances must be avoided.
– Avoid using sponges made of steel or other abrasive materials that would scratch the surface
– Avoid banging or cutting the surface with blunt objects which could scratch it and remove its protective layer
– Do not use alcohol, stain removers, thinners, acetone, trichloroethylene, ammonia, bleach, vinegar, anti-limescale cleaners or any other fluid containing these substances
– Do not use abrasive powder cleaners or detergents which could ruin the aesthetic appearance and surface finish of the product
– Do not drag objects across the surface to avoid scratching
– Do not concentrate on one area when cleaning the surface, as this may alter its appearance.